Do It Yourself interior wrapping by cutting the films to size while the trims are installed
Another very common method to wrap the interior is cutting of the wrapping vynils while the trims are installed. In this case, the wrapping vynil is first roughly cut to the size of the trim and then it is applied to the trim and cut to fit perfectly in the original.
- Car vinyl wrap
- Scissors or scalpel
- Hair dryer
Via the following link you can get an accessory set, which contains all necessary mounting tools for only 10,90€: Mounting accessories for foiling and car wrapping
You can get the required wrapping film on our website under Universal film cuts. Here you can have your foils cut to your desired size or select prefabricated foil cuts.
- Time expenditure is not too bad
- When cutting the films in the vehicle, there is a very high risk of permanently damaging the trim strips.
- Demanding, previous knowledge helpful (especially for parts such as the center console or in the infotainment area)
The cost is very dependent on the film chosen.1m x 1.52m Premium Wrapping vynil is about 70€ plus shipping costs. Together with the installation equipment, this comes to about 80€. Based on the assumption that the hair dryer is already available in the household.
1. Position the rough tailored vinyl wrap on the car trim
2. Paint the wrapping vynil
3. Lightly push the vinyl wrap into the gaps with the squeegee
4. Cut the vinyl wrap finally with the scalpel
Carefully cut along the gap with the scalpel. Be extremely careful not to hit the trim strip. This will damage it permanently.
5. Remove the cut vynil
If you want to know more about interior wrapping, stay tuned! We regularly publish new articles and explain step by step how you can achieve your dream interior in the cheapest and easiest way.